Are you Dealing with the Aftermath of Storm Damage?
Willis Roofing Has Got You Covered!
Your roof is one of your home’s frontline defenses against the elements — but what should you do if it gets damaged by a strong storm?
Storm damage is one of the most common roofing issues in Southport, NC. And many homeowners tend to dread dealing with everything related to storm damage. From the insurance claims to the damage itself, many things need to be processed to get a roof back on its feet, and it can be an anxiety-inducing experience for property owners that don’t know what to do.
Not to worry though, as Willis Roofing can provide you with the storm damage services you need for your home! As professional roofers, we make it our job to go the extra mile to give our clients satisfaction in both customer service and workmanship.
How Should You Deal With Storm Damage?
North Carolina tends to experience quite a high amount of precipitation per year, averaging between 46 to 54 inches. Regardless if you live in Oak Island or Sunset Harbor, it’s important to know what you should do when you experience storm damage.
Here are a few things to do if you suspect storm damage on your roofing system:
- First, assess the damage from the ground if you can. Look for missing or damaged shingles and signs of leaks or water damage inside your home.
- If you notice any damage, take pictures to document the extent of the damage for insurance purposes. And if there are holes allowing water to enter your property, cover the floor with a tarp and use a bucket to catch as much water as you can.
- Regardless of the extent of the damage you can see on the ground, it’s not recommended to perform DIY repairs on damaged sections of your roof for your safety. Performing repairs by yourself without any roofing experience or training can also lead to more problems down the line, such as faulty workmanship and voiding your insurance.
- When it is safe to do so, inspect the roof as much as you can. While it’s possible to climb up using a ladder, it’s better to stay safe by using your phone’s camera and attaching it to a long selfie stick or getting to a higher elevation and looking at it.
- Contact your insurance company to report the damage and begin the claims process. If you’re having trouble with your claims, Willis Roofing can also help!
Southport’s Trusted Storm Damage Specialist!
Storm damage doesn’t have to be difficult to address. With the help of professional roofers from Willis Roofing, you can expect comprehensive roofing services that will get your roof back in tip-top shape efficiently and reliably!
Schedule a roof inspection by filling out our contact form or calling us at (910) 653-1260. We serve Caswell Beach, St. James, Boiling Springs Lakes, Varmantown and other nearby areas and communities.